The Sims 4 Snowy Escape Trailer

 THE SIMS 4: SNOWY ESCAPE TRAILER REACTION


COMING NOVEMBER 13, 2020



I actually like this trailer. I'm normally not at all impressed by the sims team anymore, because a lot of the expansions, game packs and stuff packs have been a big let down and I don't even bother to purchase or regret it if I do. This expansion looks like it might be some fun and its bringing in more cultures that simmers have wanted included for sometime now. Seasons was a really good expansion (and I'm someone who didn't want it because I hated it in previous iterations) and this looks like it might play really well with that pack. I'm also curious to see if they will require Seasons for this pack because of the snow. That right now would be the only major downside. 

The new world looks really pretty with a nod to the architecture and scenery of Japan. I'm sure there are elements all over of other Asian cultures, but Japan immediately jumped out to me with the mountain top hidden by clouds (Mt. Fuji), the Cherry Blossoms, the architecture (as Chinese roof tops tend to have a more pronounced curve and we don't really have that option in game),  and the Japanese tower in the background. I'm a huge fan of all things Japanese so I'm already all about this world and wondering if my sims can just live here. I also saw that sims bow when greeting in this world. 

We are, of course, getting some nice winter gear too in the form of skis, snowboards, and sleds! Oh the injuries that await us, because I can only imagine a level 1 skilled sim on the slopes. Its not going to be pretty. I'm wondering if they will have a couple of different options that open up as your sim's skill improves, that would be a really nice feature and realistic. I almost forgot, look like we will be getting mountain climbing as well. Maybe that's why we got those rock walls in the fitness pack, our sims needed to practice before trying the real thing?! I'm actually wondering if that will become its own skill now (if its not already and I don't remember it being one) in order to be able to climb better. 

If the outdoor thrill seeking activities aren't your thing (or you're healing from the embarrassment of landing on your butt after trying that trick on the snowboard) there is a nice little hot spring. There was also what looked to be something similar to a bath house (wonder if you can make that a club activity since they are usually kept gender specific and where the tea is spilled).  After you finish relaxing you can explore your surroundings by going on a walk. the centipede(?) was a nice touch (and probably a nice snack if you go too far with no food). It also looked like they had a tiny Japanese shrine. It also appeared that you could shop for various charms, but when I look at it again the sim is writing or drawing something so I'm not sure what its for. I was thinking maybe its like when you write a couple name on a lock and put it on a fence (I've watched way too many dramas). 

Lastly, it looks as if our sims will have a version of Twitter or IG in the game. If you use KawaiiStacie's Slice of Life Mod, you know she has modified social media on the phones so the social media aspect feels more realistic. Looks like EA finally got the hint that this is something simmers need and want their sims to have (because all of Eliza's kids aren't Bob's and if a sim just happened to send a picture...). I am hoping that, that feature is not just for the trailer and that it will be something we get that we can use. It would open up story-telling so much. 

I'm really excited for this expansion. I've heard they actually created it with the help of simmers, though I'm not sure if they are talking about the survey we did months ago or they actually brought simmers (well...virtually) in for feedback and game play testing. Either way I'm hoping this one lives up to the hype because it looks like you did good EA. 





Comments

Popular Posts